Webinar - Unveiling Basel 3.1: Navigating the reforms in the UK
Since the global financial crisis of 2008, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) has been working to enhance banks' resilience and reduce the severity of future financial crises. Basel III was introduced as a series of reforms to address flaws in risk-weighted asset calculations and capital ratios. Now, with the impending implementation of Basel 3.1, it is crucial for banks to familiarize themselves with the proposed updates and strategize for a successful transition.
In this webinar, we will provide a comprehensive overview of the upcoming updates to Basel standards, including deviations and implications, data collection requirements, trading book treatment, streamlining operational risk, adapting to market risk, credit risk reforms, strengthening the foundation with the output floor, and exploring the path ahead with a strong and simple regime.
Our team of experts will guide you through the key updates, highlighting the UK Basel 3.1 requirements. We will discuss the impact of these changes on financial institutions and provide practical strategies for navigating the complexities associated with Basel 3.1 implementation.
- Sandeep Jain - Ex-Finance Director, Standard Chartered Bank
- Selwyn Blair-Ford - Regulatory Specialist, HKB Risk Consulting
- Charlie Quarterman - Head of Product, Suade Labs
Key Topics Covered:
- Deviations and implications of Basel 3.1 reforms
- Data collection requirements and challenges
- Trading book treatment and operational considerations
- Streamlining operational risk with a simplified approach
- Adapting to market risk with a revised approach
- Paradigm shift in credit risk reforms
- Strengthening the foundation with the output floor
- Exploring the path ahead with a strong and simple regime