RegTech: Data series - Data lineage & interoperability
Sign up for the Webinar
In 2013, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) released BCBS 239. Alongside the many other regulatory developments since the global financial crisis, this standard represents a highly significant financial policy development, setting out principles for effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting. The standards of Basel III offer additional protections that have resolved many of the micro- and macro-prudential instabilities that resulted in the global financial crisis.
A 2020 review by the BIS of banks’ progress with implementing BCBS 239 showed that as of the end of 2018, none of the banks to which it applies, were fully compliant with the the principles. A continuing lack of requisite capabilities was identified as a key concern. What is stopping banks from implementing the all-important BCBS 239 principles? One important aspect is the challenges around data lineage and auditability.
Listen on-demand as Suade Labs is in conversation with Phil Dutton, Co-CEO and Co-founder of Solidatus, to explore how firms can put data governance and IT infrastructures in place to achieve effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting. Please fill out the following form to continue:
Key learning outcomes:
- Interoperability: the key component to efficiency and agility
- The importance of auditability and transparency
- How important are data quality and accuracy when it comes to data lineage?
- The role of data standards in achieving data lineage and interoperability
- Technology solutions for achieving compliance with BCBS 239
- How to make the most of your risk data.
Related articles and webinars:
- Why data lineage, interoperability and data standards are key to risk management
- Leveraging data lineage, interoperability and data standards to deliver business value
- RegTech: Data Series - Are you working on a data strategy or a data calamity?
- RegTech: Data Series - Transforming data collection for financial institutions with the Bank of England
- RegTech: Data Series - Implementing data and AI in financial services
To find out more about how Suade is revolutionising regulatory reporting and driving innovation in financial services, please get in touch.