Suade chairs day one of the 2022 FIMA USA conference
Suade's Chief Client Officer, Harry Chopra, chaired day one of the 2022 Financial Information Management (FIMA) USA data management conference, addressing data management executives across the finance industry.
Harry moderated panel discussions titled with financial institutions including Societe General, State Street, Nomura and Citi, exploring prevalent topics such as ESG, Innovation in Finance and Data Management.
The panel discussion titled "CDO 2.0: The Evolving Role of the CDO" included:
- Julia Bardmesser, SVP, Head of Data, Enterprise Architecture and Salesforce Development, Voya Financial.
- Deborah Lorenzen, Managing Director, Head of Enterprise Data Governance, State Street Corporation.
- Pawan Verma, CDO, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
- Mark Etherington, Chief Technology Officer, Crux Informatics.
- Prosasty Chaudhuri, Managing Director, Divisional Data Officer, Silicon Valley Bank.
Although robots are essential in running the galaxies of Star Wars, Star Trek, 2001 Space Odyssey and other imagined worlds, the truth is that they can’t read. Or rather, they can read by rote, but they don’t have the intelligence to interpret nuance. For regulations, legal definitions are highly dependent on context and there may be underlying human assumptions or interpretation that are absent in the text. Continue reading…